Order of Omega is the premier leadership honor society for members of Fraternity & Sorority organizations across the country. Order of Omega recognizes those fraternity and sorority members who have exemplified high standards in the areas of scholarship, leadership, involvement within their respective organization and within the Fraternity/Sorority, campus, and local community. Members are selected from the top 5% of students at each institution. To date, over 575 chapters have been chartered throughout North America, each sharing the common goal of recognizing the many outstanding student leaders at their institution.
The Epsilon Phi chapter was chartered at NDSU on April 17, 1984. Since the founding of our chapter, we have initiated over 2000 members into Order of Omega. Order of Omega accepts new members twice a year in the fall and spring semesters.
If you are interested in learning more about Order of Omega, please contact one of the executive board members below.
Order of Omega was founded at the University of Miami (FL) in 1959 by a group of outstanding fraternity men, who felt that individuals in the Greek community should be recognized for their service to the fraternity community and the University.
The idea of an honorary for fraternity men at the University of Miami is attributed to Parker F. Enright, the advisor to fraternities at the time. Enright was later to accept a position at the University of Pittsburgh. He was also responsible for the founding of the Chapter (Pennsylvania Alpha) at the University of Pittsburgh in the spring of 1964.
The original constitution was approved by the Organizations Committee at the University of Miami on April 14, 1959, the recognized founding date. The first member class was initiated the following fall.
The Omega Alpha chapter at the University of Miami (FL) had long desired for their organization to expand to other colleges and universities. The Chapter gave its sanction to Dean Patrick W. Halloran to make initial inquiries and to further grant charters to universities that were accredited and interested in the purpose of The Order of Omega.
On December 1st, 1967, a Chapter (Omega Beta) was chartered at the University of Southern Mississippi. The Order of Omega voted to become a co-ed organization in the spring of 1977. There are now almost six hundred chapters in the United States and Canada with approximately ten new chapters being chartered each year.